Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
503 Views, 3 Replies

Dimensioning problems

Anybody else having problems with dimensioning lately. As per attached image, I have foundation walls perpendicular and parallel to gridlines, yet Revit refuses to dimension it prompting "elements not parallel". Alek
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. Even off by 0.00001 degree and you get this. My problem was trying to work with an imported AutoCAD drawing. I should have squared it plan north first to make things simple. Some of the sections I cut were of by just a very very slight amount. I solved the problem by just drawing a detail line as an extension line and dimensioned to that. Not the best solution but worked for that one section I had. Try tracing the grid line with a ref. line - moving that over the correct distance to the face of your wall. Then see if the align tool will square up the wall with the ref. plane. "Alek Sutulov" wrote in message news:40c61ddf_3@newsprd01... > Anybody else having problems with dimensioning lately. As per attached > image, I have foundation walls perpendicular and parallel to gridlines, yet > Revit refuses to dimension it prompting "elements not parallel". > Alek > > > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Highlight one of the walls that appear to be 90 degrees, activate the angular dimension, and type "90" which will force it to be 90.000000000 degrees, and then should be able to dimension properly. Alternatively, change the dimension unit settings from "project default" to user defined, and change the tolerance on the angular dimensions to go out many decimal places. Then you will be able to see which 90 is actually 90.000000001. SD "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:40c62b16$1_3@newsprd01... > Yes. Even off by 0.00001 degree and you get this. My problem was trying to > work with an imported AutoCAD drawing. I should have squared it plan north > first to make things simple. Some of the sections I cut were of by just a > very very slight amount. I solved the problem by just drawing a detail line > as an extension line and dimensioned to that. Not the best solution but > worked for that one section I had. > > Try tracing the grid line with a ref. line - moving that over the correct > distance to the face of your wall. Then see if the align tool will square up > the wall with the ref. plane. > > "Alek Sutulov" wrote in message > news:40c61ddf_3@newsprd01... > > Anybody else having problems with dimensioning lately. As per attached > > image, I have foundation walls perpendicular and parallel to gridlines, > yet > > Revit refuses to dimension it prompting "elements not parallel". > > Alek > > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks guys, it was "90.00035" causing problem. What confused me though is that drawing reference plains and aligning with them didn't do the job. Probably because of joint geometry condition of a pier, strip footing and foundation wall. Alek "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:40c635f9$1_1@newsprd01... > Highlight one of the walls that appear to be 90 degrees, activate the > angular dimension, and type "90" which will force it to be 90.000000000 > degrees, and then should be able to dimension properly. Alternatively, > change the dimension unit settings from "project default" to user defined, > and change the tolerance on the angular dimensions to go out many decimal > places. Then you will be able to see which 90 is actually 90.000000001. > > SD > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:40c62b16$1_3@newsprd01... > > Yes. Even off by 0.00001 degree and you get this. My problem was trying to > > work with an imported AutoCAD drawing. I should have squared it plan north > > first to make things simple. Some of the sections I cut were of by just a > > very very slight amount. I solved the problem by just drawing a detail > line > > as an extension line and dimensioned to that. Not the best solution but > > worked for that one section I had. > > > > Try tracing the grid line with a ref. line - moving that over the correct > > distance to the face of your wall. Then see if the align tool will square > up > > the wall with the ref. plane. > > > > "Alek Sutulov" wrote in message > > news:40c61ddf_3@newsprd01... > > > Anybody else having problems with dimensioning lately. As per attached > > > image, I have foundation walls perpendicular and parallel to gridlines, > > yet > > > Revit refuses to dimension it prompting "elements not parallel". > > > Alek > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report