Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
162 Views, 5 Replies

Dimensioning problem

Very new to Revit I try to work with dimensions. I see that only horizontal and vertical dimensions are allowed. Also, dimensions must have an object to "touch" at both ends. When I try to use a detail line for example as a reference object and then delete it, the dimension goes with it. I guess there is a way to place dimensions everywhere but I don't know where to find it. Also I know that a wall can be dimensiond even if it is not vertical to another but I don't understand what I am doing wrong Please help me a little. TIA Dimitris
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

first of all, get to know the [tab] button on your keyboard. When hovering over a point and hitting the TAB you will cycle through all possible attaching-points (if you wait a second you can read to which object the point is actually related on screen). You will see that if you'd have an orthogonal situation you could pick POINTS too instead of faces or ends, doing this you could dimension a diagonal for instance [so here's your non-orthogonal dimension] good luck and happy Revitting! "JTB" schreef in bericht news:413aadaa_3@newsprd01... > Very new to Revit I try to work with dimensions. I see that only horizontal > and vertical dimensions are allowed. Also, dimensions must have an object to > "touch" at both ends. When I try to use a detail line for example as a > reference object and then delete it, the dimension goes with it. I guess > there is a way to place dimensions everywhere but I don't know where to find > it. Also I know that a wall can be dimensiond even if it is not vertical to > another but I don't understand what I am doing wrong > > Please help me a little. > > TIA > > Dimitris > > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry, but I don't understand, there is no activity when I press TAB while dimensioning. I know the changing of shortcuts but it doesn't seem to work Can you be a little more discriptive; TIA Dimitris P.S. I know that the obvious answer is to read more, but I have a deadline and a newborn son !!! I will greatly appreciate all the help I can get... :-))
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Congrats on the newborn, See attach this is how I should do it Also see the discussion on Augi on dimensioning (when the little one is in bed probably) Nic "JTB" wrote in message news:413c3a93$1_2@newsprd01... > Sorry, but I don't understand, there is no activity when I press TAB while > dimensioning. I know the changing of shortcuts but it doesn't seem to work > > Can you be a little more discriptive; > > TIA > Dimitris > > P.S. I know that the obvious answer is to read more, but I have a deadline > and a newborn son !!! > I will greatly appreciate all the help I can get... :-)) > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "Dimensioning.rvt"
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

hmm.. I got your question wrong didn't I ?? I think maybe for you it could work best if you change your attachlines to be -invisible- or alternatively to set them to white ? "v.valentijn" schreef in bericht news:413c1931$1_1@newsprd01... > first of all, get to know the [tab] button on your keyboard. When hovering > over a point and hitting the TAB you will cycle through all possible > attaching-points (if you wait a second you can read to which object the > point is actually related on screen). > You will see that if you'd have an orthogonal situation you could pick > POINTS too instead of faces or ends, doing this you could dimension a > diagonal for instance [so here's your non-orthogonal dimension] > good luck and happy Revitting! > > > "JTB" schreef in bericht news:413aadaa_3@newsprd01... > > Very new to Revit I try to work with dimensions. I see that only > horizontal > > and vertical dimensions are allowed. Also, dimensions must have an object > to > > "touch" at both ends. When I try to use a detail line for example as a > > reference object and then delete it, the dimension goes with it. I guess > > there is a way to place dimensions everywhere but I don't know where to > find > > it. Also I know that a wall can be dimensiond even if it is not vertical > to > > another but I don't understand what I am doing wrong > > > > Please help me a little. > > > > TIA > > > > Dimitris > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Nic, thank you very much. Due to a firewall restriction I can't see the file. Can you please send it in ZIP format? Dimitris Ï "Nic M." Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:413c4252_2@newsprd01... > Congrats on the newborn, > > See attach > this is how I should do it > Also see the discussion on Augi on dimensioning (when the little one is in > bed probably) > > Nic

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report