Revit Architecture

Valued Mentor
IMCornish
Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dimensioning Graphical Inserts

126 Views, 2 Replies
11-21-2013 05:06 AM

I have had to create a 'synthetic' piece of demolished wall opening because the wall segments I have used in the model, that represent the demolished parts that create a splayed wall opening,cannot be marked as demolished, since the 'Phase Created' and 'Phase Demolished' parameters do not appear in the properties to be edited, see image 1 below;

Measure Filled Regions 1.png

Image 1 , Properties not showing 'Phase Demolished'

This has created an issue in the 'to be demolished' drawing since I need to dimension the opening that is necessary to be made in the wall.  I have used a 'filled region' to create the 'synthetic' piece of demolished wall and whilst I can dimension the opening width where it is perpendicular to the wall face and I can add the angle of the splay, I cannot dimension the full splayed width! See second image below:

Measure Filled Regions 2.png 

Image 2 - 'Synthetic' Demolished area which can't be dimensioned fully 

Thoughts would be welcome, thanks

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

Place the mouse over the end point of the line and TAB until the point is highlighted , then click to select . Then place the mouse over the second point , repeat the operation ... the dimension will be placed parallel with the segment you want...Image 19.png

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 3 (118 Views)

Re: Dimensioning Graphical Inserts

11-21-2013 05:49 AM in reply to: IMCornish

Place the mouse over the end point of the line and TAB until the point is highlighted , then click to select . Then place the mouse over the second point , repeat the operation ... the dimension will be placed parallel with the segment you want...Image 19.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Valued Mentor
IMCornish
Message 3 of 3 (103 Views)

Re: Dimensioning Graphical Inserts

11-21-2013 07:13 AM in reply to: constantin.stroescu
Thanks, simple really. I think it worth saying that it has to be a 'linear' dimension, doesn't it?
Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.