Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension with curved wall issue

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
alex60
1577 Views, 18 Replies

Dimension with curved wall issue

Hi every one, I am dimenioning a curved wall respect to a straight wall and Revit dimensions do not take the end point of the curved wall. See the attached image. How can I put a dimension at the end of the curved wall? I used Tab to find out the end point, but Revit does not take that point.

thanks in advance, Alex

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: alex60

It does work--you just need to hover over the end of the curved wall, and a small dot will appear.

see attached.

Message 3 of 19
alex60
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Cliff, but my dimensions are taken to the face of core, not to the face of wall. When I try to dimension to the "face of core" the dimension is lost, even selecting the gray square dot at the end of the arc.

Could you try this option?

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous

Just use Tab when placing the dimension--zoom in closely.

see attached.

Edit: Try using Wall Joins Tool, I used "Miter" option to get this to clean up.

Message 5 of 19
alex60

Ok, I am down loading  the sample project for your review and evaluation. I do not take that point in this project.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

Alex,

There is only one straight wall, with an arched opening in the file you posted.

No curved wall.

Message 7 of 19
alex60

Sorry Cliff, It was the wrong file, but it is impossible to upload the project  because of the size.

Alex

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

Can you copy/paste just a couple of walls out of it into a new project and upload it?

Message 9 of 19
alex60

I did, also purged all the families and left only two walls and the size is 1.7 MB, not aceptable to upload. I zipped the file and only got 1.6 MB.

Alex

Message 10 of 19
alex60

Cliff, I am doing a house project that need to be mirrored. I created a new file, linked the original project file that represent the right hand unit, and mirror the project. The result is this mess. What is the best practice to flip a project in Revit?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

There is a "mirror project" command. see attached.

Message 12 of 19
alex60

I used that command. The geometry flipped fine, but the documentation is also flipped and I don't know how to solve this problem.

Thanks, Alex

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

Perhaps, instead of Linking the original project into a new project and then using "mirror project",

Do a Save-as of the original project, rename it, and then try the "mirror project" command.

( I do remember annotations sometimes not working as expected.)

cheers

Message 14 of 19
alex60

I have done that already, but the problem is that this house has a lot of mouldings done with sweep command and the profiles are also flipped when the project is not linked.

I just could make a small project of the walls  and I can upload now. Just try to dimension from the wall to the end of the arc with the option of "face of core"

Thanks Alex

Message 15 of 19
fawhitaker

Revit's dimensioning can be a little "finiky" sometimes, but there's usually a reason. When I get in a hurry, I'll place a detail line at the point where I need a dimension and then dimension to that line. When you do have time, it's always best to hit the F1 key and go exploring and experimenting.

Message 16 of 19
Alfredo_Medina

@Anonymous wrote:
...Just try to dimension from the wall to the end of the arc with the option of "face of core"...

Select the curve wall. Do Disallow Join. Then do Allow Join. Try to dimension again.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 17 of 19
alex60
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I can dimension to the stucco layer end, but in my project I need to dimension to the concrete block layer end, and it is there where the dimension is not working. See the attached image.

Thanks, Alex

Message 18 of 19
Alfredo_Medina

It works well here. Dimensioning by faces of core, to the point that you have indicated. (After doing the Disallow-Allow step)

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 19 of 19
alex60
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfredo, it worked in the initial file, but I made similar sample of walls to see if it is the solution and unfortunately it did not worked in the second set of walls. See the attached project.

Thanks, alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report