Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Type with RomanS font

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bteskey
657 Views, 2 Replies

Dimension Type with RomanS font

Hi,

Using RomanS font in a dimension type Revit puts a large space before and after the dash (see attached .pdf).  The only way of controlling the width I can find is the width factor parameter.  RomanS looks very light on paper as it is and I do not want to go any narrower.  In the attached image both width factors are set to 0.9 and text heights are 3/32".  You can tell in AutoCAD there is no unnecessary space on either side of the dash.  Is there a parameter that I am just not seeing that can eliminate that or is that just another Revit text short coming? 

Thanks,

Brad

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bteskey

It looks like there are actual space characters being added, and it is not a Font issue. Go to the Dimension's Type Properties, click on the button for "Units Format", uncheck the box "Use Project Settings" at the top, and then check the box for "Suppress Spaces" at the bottom.

On a side note, RomanS does not play well with Revit. That font is designed to work with AutoCAD and its Lineweights. Revit has no capability to add "thickness" to this font, so it will print very poorly. I recommend changing to a similar font, such as Arial.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
bteskey
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks a lot. I thought I was just missing something... Unfortunately when it comes to text I am quick to just blame Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report