Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimension to center of circular slab opening

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Keith_Wilkinson
809 Views, 4 Replies

dimension to center of circular slab opening

Hi all,

Surprised I've not come across this before, but there you go.

Circular opening in a slab.  For setting out purposes I need to have an aligned dimension from grid line to the center of the opening.  I have 'centre point' turned on in sketch mode but as soon as I leave sketch mode I can no longer select this making it impossible to assign the dimension.

Does anyone know how this can be done?  Surely it's possible? 

(tried this in both RVT 2013 and 2015 with the same results).

Cheers

K.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

In Project mode :

• Architecture > Reference Plane (RP) > Line - type SC (shortcut) and click on the circle border . A magenta small circle appears showing the circle center -click and draw a vertical Reference Plane
  • Annotation > Dimension > Aligned - click first on the border of the floor slab and then on the Reference Plane
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Thanks.  I'll give that a go.

But why on earth can a reference plane detect the center point and a dimensions can't?  Bit odd...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 4 of 5

I have logged this issue with our Development Group, but at this time, using reference planes is the way to go.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 5

I've actually gone down a slightly different route and used a detail line locked to the edge of the opening. It's still not a great solution but I feel it's just a bit quicker than using ref planes.

Maimonides

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report