Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
saadelus
621 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension Problem

Dear all , I need to edit the tick mark in dimension style or make a new one, in revit 2011..

Waiting for your help....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: saadelus

You can edit the dimension tick mark by:

Select a dimension > Edit Type > Tick Mark.  The pull-down list has all of the available tick mark options.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Tags (2)
Message 3 of 6
saadelus
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thank you ... But I need to change the size or load a new type or make a new type and load it to the file ..

How can I do it??

Message 4 of 6
ryan.duell

The available tick mark options appear in the Dimension Style Type properties > Tick Mark; you cannot

add to the list:

Changing the Dimension Line Tick Mark

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 6
steplively

Hopefully you were able to get a solution to this, your post was a few months ago but I came across it when I was trying to do the same thing.  I had done it previously and had forgotten how, here's what I was able to do...

Go to Additional Settings and then to Arrowhead styles, there you will see the list that are currently loaded.  The Diagonal 1/8" is a system family and I imagine the one that you will be needing for your dimension string.  Just duplicate this and modify the tick size to the desired length.  Once you have that completed, go back to your dimension type, duplicate, and change the Tick Mark parameter to the one you have just created.

All the best,

Stephanie

Message 6 of 6
koreana

Hi, This is my first time to write something in here.

I just want to say thank you for letting us know for the tick trick... It has been so long I had this problem that I never bother to resolve.. Finally today ...Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report