Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Line Snap Distance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rfender3333
1992 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension Line Snap Distance

I have a file where the Dimension Line Snap Distance is not working. Usually, you will get a green dashed alignment line and a "stop" point when trying to do a second line of dimensions (below the original top dimension). Is there a setting in the Dimension command that allows you to fix this setting. My Dimension Line Snap Distance and other settings are the same in a file that it does work.

Thanks, Rob
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Scott_Womack
in reply to: rfender3333

If in another file, someone has extensively turned Lines in the Model catagory off this can happen.
Message 3 of 4
in reply to: Scott_Womack

'If in another file, someone has extensively turned Lines in the Model catagory off this can happen.' Ermm ??? Didn't get it. Just tried several times turning off Lines in the Model Category in Visibility Graphics, if that's what you referred to (most likely), but nothing happened. What do you mean extensively. It doesn't make sense, really? I am not experiencing the same problem as the user, but I don't see how turning off Lines extensively could be the cause for his problem, however, I am only guessing. You might be right. It's just a bit strange.
My question, however, regarding dimension line snap distance is that so far as I know that only applies to further dimensions placed parallel to any other dimension line placed initially. Is it not possible to make the very fist dimension line at some fixed distance from any reference object?
Message 4 of 4
ivanegues
in reply to: rfender3333

hi, I was having the same problem. For me the key was that the distance was too short. 

"To use this parameter, set the Witness Line Control parameter to Fixed to Dimension Line. With these parameters set, additional snapping is available that aids in stacking linear dimensions at even intervals. This value should be greater than the distance between the text and the dimension line, plus the height of the text."

link

Even with the same values in different files, if the distance is on the limit, it worked in some cases and in others don't. (i guess is that).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report