Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
a06vsh
Message 1 of 4 (577 Views)

Dimension from one circle center to another

577 Views, 3 Replies
01-14-2013 04:56 AM

Does anyone have a good solution of how to dimension from one circle center to another ("A" in the picture)? Or the angle between two circles ("B" in the picture)?

My main problem is that i cant snap to a circle center with any dimension type except for diameter and radius, and then i can only dimension one circle on its own.

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (572 Views)

Re: Dimension from one circle center to another

01-14-2013 05:23 AM in reply to: a06vsh

To dimension from center to center use Annotate > Aligned (dimension), type "SC" over one circle, then type "SC" over the other circle, then click. That will create a dimension from "snap center" to "snap center".

For angles, you need to determine a point of intersection and some reference planes from which you want to measure an angle, and then use Annotate > Angular.

1-14-2013 8-17-48 AM.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Active Contributor
a06vsh
Message 3 of 4 (553 Views)

01-14-2013 08:03 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Should this work for masses too? Because I cant seem to make it work. For detail lines, walls etc there's no problem, but as soon as I try to do it on a mass made either in a project or as a family it doesnt find the center anymore.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 4 (528 Views)

01-14-2013 06:57 PM in reply to: a06vsh

For masses, you could find the centers of the circles first with "SC" with reference lines, and then dimension the reference lines.

Or, you could create reference points first, and then, create the circels, then create the forms, Then dimension from point to point.

1-14-2013 9-58-51 PM.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!