Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension from one circle center to another

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2062 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension from one circle center to another

Does anyone have a good solution of how to dimension from one circle center to another ("A" in the picture)? Or the angle between two circles ("B" in the picture)?

My main problem is that i cant snap to a circle center with any dimension type except for diameter and radius, and then i can only dimension one circle on its own.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

To dimension from center to center use Annotate > Aligned (dimension), type "SC" over one circle, then type "SC" over the other circle, then click. That will create a dimension from "snap center" to "snap center".

For angles, you need to determine a point of intersection and some reference planes from which you want to measure an angle, and then use Annotate > Angular.

1-14-2013 8-17-48 AM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Should this work for masses too? Because I cant seem to make it work. For detail lines, walls etc there's no problem, but as soon as I try to do it on a mass made either in a project or as a family it doesnt find the center anymore.

Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

For masses, you could find the centers of the circles first with "SC" with reference lines, and then dimension the reference lines.

Or, you could create reference points first, and then, create the circels, then create the forms, Then dimension from point to point.

1-14-2013 9-58-51 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report