Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIMENSION CENTER EQUAL

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ARUIZCINECO
4733 Views, 7 Replies

DIMENSION CENTER EQUAL

Hi.

i'm trying to center 2 lines with a desired dimension between walls and accidentally i achieved through dimension parameters. I put a desired dimension between equals (see attached image). But i can´t do it again.

I find this really helpfull to center objects, families, lines between objects without modifiying the objects lenght.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english.

DIMENSION ISSUE.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
arunag
in reply to: ARUIZCINECO

Dim EQ.jpg

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 3 of 8
ARUIZCINECO
in reply to: arunag

THanks for your answer but what i want is center the objects at equal distance but the center dimension remains with the value that i put in it. for example y have 2 walls but between them i need to put two lines separated 2" from each other. what i do is draw lines and use the align command but it takes a long time and effort and sometimes i forget to delete the lines.

Message 4 of 8
arunag

Just select the continuous dimension , you will see a not EQ sign, click on it , it will equalize . EQ00.jpgEQ1.jpg

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 5 of 8

If I understand you well , you want to have a midle fix dimension placed at equal distance from both sides..

In this case I sugest:

• draw a dimension chane of 3
  • then select  the midlle dimension and lock it
  • select the one of the mid element border ( Reference Plane) and then change the side dimension using a formula :  = (D (overall distance) - M (mid segment))/2

Better , have a look at my screencast:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/4b1cbda8-4679-4e5b-a703-bed7b566157a

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

Thanks a lot. That was exactly what i meant.

Greetings.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Hello

How can i center a decal on a wall?

thanks

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN

Same way you center a painting on a wall in reality. Create a reference center to the wall and move the decal so that its center point snap to that reference.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report