Revit Architecture

Contributor
chubbard
Message 1 of 3 (308 Views)
Accepted Solution

dialog appears when saving files

308 Views, 2 Replies
10-25-2013 10:16 AM

Whenever we sync or save our Revit files a dialog appears in the center of the drawing window. The dialog is titles Family and shows the Type selector pulldown.

It won't dock, and if you move it it moves back.  This is occuring on all versions of Revit 2012, 2013, 2014.  I have seem other users as well with the same issue.

I cannot find any explaination on resolution anywhere.

Any ideas?Phantom palette.jpg

Product Support
Lance.Coffey
Message 2 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: dialog appears when saving files

10-28-2013 02:52 PM in reply to: chubbard

I have seen this dialog before. Generally it seems to be associated with a setting in the Graphics Control Software (nView or Catalyst) which forces off-screen dialogs onscreen (i.e. normally this dialog would be off-screen, but it is being forced on-screen by this setting).

nView:

Check the "Prevent Windows from Opening Off-Screen", and "Reposition dialog boxes on" settings within nView. I found the following webpage with information on these options: http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_8.html

Catalyst:

Check the "Enable Dialog Repositioning" checkbox (within the HydraVision/Catalyst Control Center) and ensure it is not checked. I found the following webpage with information on this: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3353497/windows-7-volume-control-moves-centre-of-screen/

Lance Coffey
Contributor
chubbard
Message 3 of 3 (135 Views)

Re: dialog appears when saving files

10-29-2013 09:09 AM in reply to: Lance.Coffey
That solved it
Thanks
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.