Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail lines & Filled regions move in exterior elevation view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jin
Participant
1554 Views, 3 Replies

Detail lines & Filled regions move in exterior elevation view

What would cause lines to move left/right some seemingly random distance in an elevation view?  Rarely, I run into an issue where detail lines and filled regions added to an elevation view (not text, or leaders) will move some random distance, I've attached a PDF showing the issue.  No other elevations, plans, or sections have anything wrong with them.  The model has not moved to a different position.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jin
Participant
in reply to: jin

Bump, this has happened several times on my project, would be suprised if others haven't ran into this problem.

Message 3 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: jin

It's difficult to tell from the image you posted exactly what you're referring to...  Is it the swing direction graphic on the windows?  If so, the only thing I can think of that would cause detail items (filled regions, detail lines, etc.) to move as consistently as those things are offset is if either the building has moved or the cropped region is moved.  Since the former is unlikely, I'm going to guess that it's the latter.

Either turn the cropped region off so that it can't accidentally be moved, or lock the detail item geometry to the model.  

However, I would recommend making the swing direction graphic a part of your window family, rather than doing it as a detail item overlay on the elevation view.

If you weren't referring to the swing direction graphics, then you'll need to update the image clarifying exactly what it is that's moving.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 4
jin
Participant
in reply to: rosskirby

That was it!  I can't believe that if I select a view arrow on the elevation tag, and drag the line designating the crop region, that detail lines will move with the drag...

Regardless, thanks a lot for the response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report