Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Group Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1644 Views, 5 Replies

Detail Group Problem

I wanted to know if anyone else has had a problem with detail components in detail groups moving on their own.

We have been using detail groups to duplicate information from wall sections to section details and have been having problems with components within the group moving on their own in one of the views. This is resulting in the same detail group looking completely different in the different views. When the detail group is added fresh, it usually has the components moved, but I can copy and paste the good group when necessary. The objects are still part of the group

As far as I know none of the objects are locked to any of the model objects. THe other reason we would like to be able to use groups is to align the groups to the model so if the wall moves the details follow.

We are running Revit 2010, with all the service packs.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ncopley
in reply to: Anonymous

what might be happening....
We are using detail groups on a project and they are doing the same thing. what i've noticed is that the detail group pinned to a floor plan VS pinned to a detail view will act differantly. i've had to move them in both view types. if components are moving around seperatly from the rest of the detail pieces, check to make sure that nothing is locked to the model. It seems like that might move things around. have you noticed your detail group origin moving around at all? we've been transfering detail groups from project to project and it seems like the origin point always changes. ever had that happen?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I haven't noticed the origin moving, but we haven't been moving many detail groups between projects yet.
Message 4 of 6
t.davies

i have a similar problem in architecture 2013 - i was hoping they would have fixed this by now. as soon as you get 'too many' of any particular detail group then it starts acting like this - and eventually you have to explode every one of them - and that group isnt very useful......

i stopped using detail groups precisely because of this problem way back 2008-9

Message 5 of 6
swaddell
in reply to: t.davies

Using Revit 2015 and this problem still persists! Detail groups are useless for this purpose... would be great to have this fixed.

Message 6 of 6
hans6ZTHU
in reply to: swaddell

Hi. I know this is an old thread but I found it researching the same issue. In several of my groups lines would shift an inch, some would stay where I drew them. I don't use Revit full time so there might be a better solution, but when I edited a group and pinned all the lines together, it solved the issue for me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report