Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail component (Complex Linetype) that incorporates dashed line and text

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RedMan77
1557 Views, 6 Replies

Detail component (Complex Linetype) that incorporates dashed line and text

So last I read on the forums a complex linetype couldn't have a dashed line and text.  I need to create a dashed complex linetype that has text  (i.e. - - - V - - -) .  Attached is a complex linetpye and this I understand.  I have tried with parameters to make several dahses but it never works.  If its possible now with 2014 can someone please let me know or if I a misinformed? Or if there is some workaround?  Thank you very much for any assistance you might be able to offer.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: RedMan77

Hi

The following link you will find the answer

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/index.php?title=Revit/enu/Community/Tips_%26_Tricks

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi 

The following attachments are described on page 8

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
RedMan77
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Thanks for the quick response.  Unless I am missing something very obvious, which is probably the case, this doesnt help me. The file I attached does what this article explains.  My problem is I need dahsed lines with the text, as well as long and short dashes with text.  What I have attached is a series of complex linetypes (continous line) with Gas, Vent, Air, Chilled Water etc.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
RedMan77

I swore I attached my complex linetype family.  I was wrong.

Message 6 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi

In revit,I think the line Type, It is not possible.

But you can do the component details.

Line Type.jpg

Message 7 of 7
RedMan77
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Sorry I didnt get back sooner.  What you described in your last post is what I am doing.  Appreciate your assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report