Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment - Content Still Downloads?????

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
191 Views, 1 Reply

Deployment - Content Still Downloads?????

Forgive me, but I've got twelve pc's to reinstall and am failing to see why A'desk decided to force Revit to download everything from the help files to the templates. The deployment placed all that mass of information on the network share- the deployment runs happily, right up until it begins downloading this info from servers that are, apparently, as speedy as those hosting this forum.

Can anyone post any solution for force Revit (2009.1 and 2010) to pull this content from the deployment location? Editing the content.rcl file has no effect, with Revit insisting the network path/file is not found. This intrigues me to say the least, since it just completed an INSTALL from that same network share....

Thanks in advance to anyone who has circumscribed A'desk's polished deployment routines...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think I understand - the OOTB "content" (including libraries and
templates) is included with the program, and will be installed to each PC if you
specify so in the Deployment.

Tutorials are not, but it is a relatively simple matter to download them once
and have each workstation "pull" them from a central server location via a
simple batch file.

What IS dumb is that the Deployment Wizard does not offer up the default
location for content installation, e.g. C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2010, but
instead forces you to remember this arcane path each time you create a new
deployment. It's the same with Revit Structure and Revit MEP.

Matt
matt@stachoni.com

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:26:13 -0800, sddjd <> wrote:

>Forgive me, but I've got twelve pc's to reinstall and am failing to see why A'desk decided to force Revit to download everything from the help files to the templates. The deployment placed all that mass of information on the network share- the deployment runs happily, right up until it begins downloading this info from servers that are, apparently, as speedy as those hosting this forum.
>
>Can anyone post any solution for force Revit (2009.1 and 2010) to pull this content from the deployment location? Editing the content.rcl file has no effect, with Revit insisting the network path/file is not found. This intrigues me to say the least, since it just completed an INSTALL from that same network share....
>
>Thanks in advance to anyone who has circumscribed A'desk's polished deployment routines...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report