Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Department and Department Areas in a Schedule??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
8636 Views, 5 Replies

Department and Department Areas in a Schedule??

Hello,

I am working on a competition in my office.

I have my Room Tags all set, and my Color Scheme is by Department. My Room Tags have the Room Name, the Area, and the Required Area (as designated by the competition requirements) in the Tag -- I found out from these forums how to add the Required Area 🙂

I want to make a Schedule that Shows the Department and Total Area of those departments. All I can get is each little area of each little room. Say I have Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, all classified in the "Housing" Department. I don't want just the individual areas of Bedrooms 1, 2, 3; I want the sum of the areas of Bedrooms 1, 2, 3 in a nice neat table / schedule. 

Follow me? Does this call for a whole new Parameter, like I did to create the field "Required Area"? Shouldn't it already be in there because Revit knows what departments are?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

There are 2 similar features in Revit: Room and Area. So far, you have used Rooms. Now you need to use Areas. Check the Help documents about how to create: Area Plans, Area Tags, Color Scheme for Areas, and a Schedule of Areas.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Create a Room schedule that is sorted by Department and uncheck "Itemize every instance" in the Sorting/Grouping tab. be sure to check Calculate totals for program and actual areas in the formatting tab. With some tweaking you should be able to achieve the desired results.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks!! That helped, and you're right, with some tweaking I got it to work.

Thanks for your input, XeroPhane! 😄

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Can anyone help with this?  I am looking to figure out a schedule similar to this.

(See Attached)

Department Code

Color

Description

Square Footage

Message 6 of 6
ehsan_ghassemlou

Hi,

You can add department column to your room schedule, then filter by department, (equal to housing) and then easily get areas and sum up as well.

works?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report