Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demolition Tags??

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
LisaDrago
7488 Views, 7 Replies

Demolition Tags??

I am working with a client and they have demo tags... I am not sure what to do in revit for a demo tag.

What have you all done?

Do you creat a generic tag and then a legend with the notes?

Thanks!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: LisaDrago

Yes; what I have seen for demolition tags, or maybe better "demolition notes" is a simple square with a label inside, and with a leader. The content is usually a single digit number, or a letter. At the end, you need to include on the demolition sheet a legend, a note block, or a key schedule, to provide the description of the notes. Also, you need to include the demolition note's graphics in the legend of symbols.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
loboarch

There is an example of what Alfredo is talking about at the wiki.  It has a project and family files you can download as well.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 8
LisaDrago
in reply to: loboarch

Thank you so much!!! This is perfect and we will be able to use this beyond just the demo...

Not sure why I did not think of that.

Thank you again so much!! You guys area AWESOME.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 8
taejunpark

the link isn't available. could you give me an example of this? thanks in advance

Message 6 of 8
Evilbob123

Hey iam having the same problem. i need to create demo tags and a schedule, i tried clicking the link but it doesnt work.

Message 7 of 8
loboarch
in reply to: Evilbob123

The link used to point to our wikihelp system which has been taken down.  The article basically described adding a generic annotation family to your view, then you create an annotation schedule, or "note block" to report the parameters from the annotation family.  The examples provided some sample files you could download to see how it worked.  Without the wiki tyhe samples are not there anymore.  This page in the help describes the process a bit.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-A2394758-978A-4E48-A2B4-3A8A690D01F5

I can look around to see if I still have the example files and post them. 

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 8 of 8
cbcarch

You can also use Revit Keynotes for demo tags.

Just edit the Keynote Text File with your demo-specific verbiage; then use Keynote>User to Tag items on drawings.

Place Keynote Legend on Sheet (s)

To take this even farther, you can even use custom families with "demo information" included in the Keynote Value and let the Keynote Tags pull this from the objects.

An example would be on a Reflected Ceiling Plan--create "demo" light fixtures, that have a Description such as "2x2 existing light fixture to be removed"

The Keynote can then pick this up.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report