Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting from Project Browser crashes Revit.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
GPR_MN
643 Views, 7 Replies

Deleting from Project Browser crashes Revit.

Using Revit 2014 SP2 64bit / Windows 7

Worksharing enabled project. When I delete anything from the browser; views, family types, families, Revit crashes.

Was able to delete views such as sections by finding and selecting section tag within plan and deleting within view, but deleting same instance from project browser crashes Revit.

Deleting types within 'purge unused' dialog does not result in crash also.  

Have reset registry values for Current User, confirmed SP2 install, confirmed Hardware Acceleration is turned off.  Still crashing.

Anyone run into this? Forum/web search didnt turn up anything similar.

Workarounds are available but it is still a but of a hassle.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: GPR_MN

I want to narrow down the issue (if it is a Revit issue or a file issue)

Does this happen when you try it in another computer?

Also Doesn it happens if you create a new drawing and trying to do the same actions in your computer?

Try to open the file and detach it from central and see if it has the same behavior?

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 8
GPR_MN
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

This crash happens to other team members working on their local copies as well.

It does not crash new files that are not worksharing enabled.

I'll try a 'detach from central' with a file when we have an opportunity and report back.

Message 4 of 8
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Please keep me posted on that. You could also try to audit it if the detached rvt is still crashing.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 8
GPR_MN

One other factor is a ProjectWise Integration Module / Plug-In.

We uninstalled the module and the problem ceases. 

But while I have your attention, any idea or understanding of why deleting from the project browser would cause a crash whereas deleting same via purged unused dialog would operate successfuly?

Message 6 of 8
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Well there is issue with some version of projectwise (Bentley) that operate with .net framework 4.0 where Revit 2014 works with .net framework 4.5

4.0 and 4.5 does not operate the same way

so you need to install Project wise version that works with 4.5

To answer your question

Project Broswer in Revit 2014 use .net 4.5

I guess ProjectWise version you have is having issue with .net 4.5 where i guess create a confusion between Projectwise and the project Broswer. I guess revit goes into a loop and crash.

to fix it you need to check this link

http://communities.bentley.com/products/projectwise/content_management/b/weblog/archive/2013/06/21/u...

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 7 of 8
GPR_MN

First off, thanks for the reply and troubleshooting and discussing a third party problem for me. I've come to anticipate avoidance when it comes to ADSK addressing not-officially-supported issues and services.

I think you are correct in identifying the .NET 4.0 / .NET 4.5 versions as the problem, another thread in the forum here has some insight and mention of a forthcoming release from Bentley regarding this incompatibility.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Any-issues-running-revit-2014-with-Net-4-instead-of...

Message 8 of 8
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Well it is hard for us (autodesk Revit support team) to learn all third part applications, they are so many and we are not entitle to do so , but somehow we endup trying to figure out things by finding the root of the problem and from there we try to better explore and troublshoot the issue.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report