Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Levels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cg141992
732 Views, 2 Replies

Deleted Levels

I accidentally deleted levels in my project which were not associated to my views. I was not prompted with a warning or anything and cant get the levels back... Is there a way of reshowing these level tags in elevations/ sections based on the plan views I have saved in my project like my foundation plan/ ground floor plan etc... And believe me Ive tried every possible view/ scope boxes/ cropped view/ far clipping... hopefully someone knows something.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: cg141992

cg141992

Sounds daft, but did you try the "undo" button?

There is not much you can do if you delete a level that has no plans associated with it. 

What i do, and what is good practice in this scenario, is to PIN any level that you will not be creating a floor plan for. This way (depending what version of Revit you have) will either warn you if you delete a pinned object or will not let you delete it.

I'd recommend simply opening one of your backups if a lot of content was deleted when you removed the level line and redoing the 15-30mins of work. Or, re placing the level lines and taking it from there.

You say you have plan views but deleted the level lines... this is not possible (to my knowledge). If you delete a level line, any associated views will also be deleted.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 3
tim.west
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

alisder is correct, a plan view needs its associated view present in the project.

If you have an earlier version of the project, open it in the same revit session, select the levels in a plan/section view, copy to clipboard, then switch to your project, and 'paste to same place'. This should replace them in the right place.

I'm not sure how others work in revit. I tend to saveas every day and add a date to the file name, so I can go back if something is lost along the way...

In your case, it may have been better to 'hide in view' rather than delete these levels.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report