Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Mystery Doors in Groups

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
12508 Views, 12 Replies

Delete Mystery Doors in Groups

I have a project containing 4 similar groups, which were mirrored and went through the "Fix Groups" error.  I think I made them unique to avoid ungrouping.  

The issue I'm having now is that one of these groups has a couple doors in it that once existed in the design and are now no longer necessary.  However, they were deleted at some point, but still exist when I highlight over the group (the first attachment shows an overlapping door highlighted in red and the purple location has a set of double doors--see second attachment).  No amount of tabbing will allow me to delete them and I can't ungroup them.  Do I need to just start over with a similar group?  Or can I somehow find these doors and delete them?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to "subtract" them from the Group in Edit mode.

I also think they are what is referred to as "excluded" Group elements, perhaps some walls which used to host these doors have been excluded from the Group Instance?

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2014/Help/0001-Revit_Us1/2854-Tools_an2854/2906-Editing_2906/...

see if this helps.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

The doors can't be subtracted because it's like they don't exist when I enter the group edit mode.

I tried restoring excluded items, because that sounds like what happened.  Sadly, all I get is an error that says "group members had to be 'moved to the project' (removed from their group instance) because they were not consistent with the group type definition."  I was hoping this meant the walls would come back, but it didn't.  At some point, I was able to highlight one of the doors and pick new host, but the original door remained there and I also got a new door--which I could delete (I'm confident there aren't just an endless amount of doors I need to move and delete).  Then, I tried clicking on the little shape icon () that comes up when I tab and highlight one of the doors to try and "restore excluded group member," but then I get an error that says "Revit was not able to restore all of the requested group members.  The members may depend on elements that are still excluded."  THen the doors show up in orange.  I'm guessing it's referring to the deleted walls.

Now what?  😞

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Latest development:

I hit the add tool in the group edit mode and was able to click on these doors, but it says "Group members had to be 'moved to the project' (removed from their group instance) because they were not consistent with the group type definition."

So still not working.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Ungroup / Re-Group?

Restore a backup prior to the "deletion" of the host walls?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

I was able to add in the single floating door after ungrouping and the double door went away somewhere.  It brought up a new issue with the door not cutting through the curved and straight walls at the same time (because it's hosted in only one), but that is probably a soultion found somewhere in the forum.

Thanks

Message 7 of 13
KristineSlotina

Did anyone tried to solve mistery door issue wih "Restoring all Excluded"?

Helped for me.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-C971CE95-3F98-4E77-8F26-4AF2D26B36B4

Message 8 of 13
jbcma27

I had the same problem, but with trusses - so a non-hosted element.  My roof trusses were grouped and for some reason Revit didn't like the short girder trusses around my roof hatch and excluded them from the group.  When my roof hatch changed, there were then "ghost" trusses where there shouldn't be any. They didn't show up in any views, but were there when I hovered over the group to select.  I couldn't delete them out of the group because they were showing as part of the group, but when I tried to do it in edit group mode, they weren't really there.  When I tried to restore them to the group, Revit would exlude and duplicate them, so I could delete the duplicates, but there were still ghost members there when I would select the group.  Ungrouping/regrouping was the only thing that made them go away.

Message 9 of 13
s.koulis
in reply to: jbcma27

This is a common issue when including hosted elements in groups without their hosts. For example we group internal flat layouts but not the front door of the flat as after duplicating /mirroring these tend to loose their hosts and become "ghost" doors. You can see them with the group selected but when you open this for editing they disappear. Also you get errors if you just restore excluded elements from the group. In order to get this "ghost door" back you need to create a new wall inside the group where the door apears & restore excluded this will make the door available in the edit group mode for deletion or removal from the group.

Message 10 of 13
ROMEOS3

Hey spidermandy 

i dont know but if can be useful after so many yearsbut, another way around to avoid to un-group and regroup  is 

to create a wall in the group and then restore the group. the door will recognise a host and you will not need to ugroup the group . 

Hope could be of help 🙂 

Message 11 of 13
ROMEOS3

Hey spidermandy 

i dont know but if can be useful after so many years but, another way around to avoid to un-group and regroup  is 

to create a wall in the group and then restore the group. the door will recognise a host and you will not need to ugroup the group . 

Hope could be of help 🙂 

Message 12 of 13
martijn_pater
in reply to: ROMEOS3

You do realize you are reviving a topic, with a double post, with the exact same answer as the reply before you which was given 4 years ago? 🙂

Message 13 of 13
s.koulis
in reply to: martijn_pater

My thoughts exactly...

Are all other Revit issues solved by now?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report