Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Imported DWG Category from Imported Objects / Object Styles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rkuffel
10393 Views, 3 Replies

Delete Imported DWG Category from Imported Objects / Object Styles

I know, I know this has been asked many times but I think I am dealing with something a little different. I have a dwg that someone imported and I cannot find where this object is. I have tried searching the database with DBLink, Ideate BIMLink and I have gone into every view to no avail. I also used the reviTTools add-in which says there are no drawings in the file. Does anyone have any additional recommendations or am I dealing with a corrupted file? I am super OCD and this is in our Template which makes it an even bigger problem. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joshua_M
in reply to: rkuffel

I know this is an old question but did you ever find an answer for this? I am having the same drama.

Message 3 of 4
rkuffel

I did figure out how to resolve this and it was time consuming and not easy. In short there was an AutoCAD DWG definition buried in one of the families. The family was not being used but it was in the project. The process for finding the culprit was one of purging and narrowing down to the offending family. I first purged everything and checked to see if the DWG was gone from Object Styles, which it was. I then did an undo and began purging/undo each family category one by one to see which category held the DWG. I continued that process until the family was found. It's bonkers to have to do this (I just wanted to say bonkers). The problem is the database does not see or report these DWGs that are buried in unused families. If it did it would be sooooo much easier to find and purge. Also, the DWG definition does not show up in Object Styles under Imported Object Styles which could send one on a wild goose chase. Hope this helps you other OCD Revit people out there...

Message 4 of 4
ccastilloR27JH

10 years later i still do! im kind of desapointed and rolling up the sleeves for the work ahead  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report