Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default template not working in Revit 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
6556 Views, 5 Replies

Default template not working in Revit 2014

I installed, removed and reinstalled Revit 2014 3 times but still no success. When I start Revit 2014 and try to start a new project by clicking on new and selecting any of the available templates like Architectural, Construction, Structural, or Mechanical, Revit gives me a message saying - Failed to open Document'. If I start selecting 'none' then the default project that starts has no elevation markes and no elevation views. Also the system families are not loaded prooperly as I get just one wall by the name of 'Basic Wall 1' and no other wall types are present. If I put an elvation marker to create an elevation view, there are no levels present and so how to I add further levels? 

I have tried various stuffs to get default tempates so that Revit works normally but it all failed. Nothing seems to work and I can't start a new project because the 'none' template has nothing in it and I don't want to create a new wall type everytime. Its frustrating and simply irritating.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Above the 2011 version of the software revit, templates and family, there is no by default.

Or do you have for yourself and templates your create family or the family of the template and the lower version to version 2014 Paste.

You can also download from various websites.
For example, go here

It must become a member to download.
Join Free..

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Please tell me what stands for construction template, how does it differ from structural?
Message 4 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi

Click the link

http://www.aryaahora.com/revit/revitarchitecture/108--revit-2014.html

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

i snstalled revit architecture 2014 i dont get construction template, architecture template, only none is available inthat no evlevations, no levels, and only one baic wall. but in load family- libraries - us imperial and us metric are propely saved.. but i can't proceed my project in none templates .... how do i get templates, elevations, level please help me

Message 6 of 6
Tony_Michniewicz

We are investigating instances where the installation of Revit content fails but have yet to identify the cause of this problem.  It would be helpful if you could visit the following post and provide answers to the questions posed there.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report