Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Template File Invalid

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mmau
13591 Views, 6 Replies

Default Template File Invalid

when I start Revit it show me this message, I cant find any component in my library components, any solutions?

It says:

"The default template file you have specified does not exist:" 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: mmau

I would verify you have installed the content for Revit; under R > Options > File Locations, verify the default template file location. It is installed at the following location by default:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Templates\US Imperial\default.rte

To install content packs in Revit 2012 you need to do so in the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.  Here is a post with the process below:

Installing Content for Revit 2012 products

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7

Hi there

I am having the same problem (I've downloaded Revit Architecture 2012 for students) and I get an error message first saying "the default template file you have specified does not exist: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Templates\Australia\DefaultAUSENU.rte"

But when I look in the RAC 2012 folder it's empty...  I've done a search on templates and there don't seem to be any loaded.

when I close that error message I get one that says: "the path you have specified for the default family template files is invalid"

I have had IT guys looking at this but we're all a bit lost as to what to do.

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 times to no avail.  Can you please help???  I have assignments due and I can't even start them yet!

thanks

Message 4 of 7
romekarthi

hi,

i have problem on my revit , i  attached it...

it not opening at all..

while i see through internet , i see this thing

i dont any location like this

"c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Family Templates\English_I   or

c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Family Templates\English"

mine is windows 7 ultimate..

please help , i have project work to do....

Message 5 of 7
romekarthi

while start working i got error msg..

help me to out...

Message 6 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: romekarthi

hi romekarthi

In the Options dialog,Choice Use Hardware Acceleration Deactivate.And Then close Revit And again open.

0.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: romekarthi

hi go to Likes: Componnents: http://www.aryaahora.com/revit/revitarchitecture/24--componnet-revit-architecture.html Templates: http://www.aryaahora.com/revit/revitarchitecture/23--revit-architecture.html
Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report