Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Sill Height - Windows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kate_vanhout
4898 Views, 3 Replies

Default Sill Height - Windows

Why is it that no matter what you set the default sill height to when creating a window it will ALWAYS come in at something else...

I have also tried to create a head height parameter to get my windows to come in at the correct height and they still come in at something different.  This is starting to get very frusterating...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Since there is no way to establish those defaults in the project, it would require to do some minor changes to the families: the sidelight family, and the other windows.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

Although it would be better if revit had a "head height" setting the reality is that it has a "sill height".

In your  window family you can preset parameters of height and sill height to always add up to the intended head height :   (e.g. assume 2000 for head height)  e.g.

1500 h window has sill height of 500

1000 h windows has sill height of 1000

400 h window has default sill height of 1600

These can all be preset in the family types, and they will all insert into the project with head height at 2000.  This is the work around that I use.  Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 4

I am not sure but I came accross this forum that explains about :

- "default sill height" and changing the values in the project as opposed to what happens in the the Family Editor cut plane location of the window,

- as opposed to changing the just changing the sill height in the properties after it is inserted into a wall in project mode.

Here is the site : http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?146269-quot-Default-Sill-Height-quot-changes-the-quot-cut-plan...

Learnt a lot from it, and thought it might help. Luck luck 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report