Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default shared parameters file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3432 Views, 4 Replies

Default shared parameters file?

Looking at a standard door type, the Internal Concept Single Door, I've noticed that it has some parameters set as a Shared Parameter?

Where is the shared parameters file for this, can someone advise?

I'm setting up an office template for use of these, and losing the default functionality is not wanted, if necessary I'll integrate the defaults into my own shared parameters file.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Anonymous

Where did you get the door family from? It doesn't sound like a stock door. There isn't a shared Parameter (SP) file provided with Revit during installation. Some organizations that create content provide a corresponding SP file with their content but not all.

Autodesk provides a Family Style Guide, intended primarily to help prepare content to be shared on Autodesk Seek, the guide includes a shared parameter file but a majority of the parameters are dedicated to MEP. There is another Download Resource ANZRS (Australia New Zealand Revit Standards). It contains a SP file too that is intended to provide a common dictionary of parameters for all of us to use. I say dictionary because that is essence what a SP file is, it is a place to store parameter definitions and then let Revit look them up when we create projects and families.

You can harvest SP's from a family too but you have to create (or at least choose an existing) a shared parameter file first. I wrote about this on my blog if you want to pursue that route.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Steve,

The door family is OOTB UK Content, Door Family name IntSgl_1, the offending parameters are Frame Thickness and Door Panel Thickness. Similarly the OOTB family Doors_IntDbl_1 has the same parameters as well.

I'm using as my starting point the Autodesk Seek website parameters file, while there is a lot of MEP stuff there, it seems a reasonable place to start, not least as we might end up using context from there, and it has been put together with some though (at least one hopes).

Charles.

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

If you find a family that contains a shared parameter that is not in your shared parameters file, click on the name of that parameter in the Family Types window, and find the option to "Export". That will make that parameter part of your own shared parameters file, in the "Exported Parameters" group.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
SteveKStafford

Ah, I have the US Metric and Imperial library installed but not the UK version. As Alfredo mentioned you can harvest a shared parameter by using Export. You just need to make sure you have a Shared Parameter file selected/created first otherwise the Export button is disabled.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report