Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Revit Spot Slope Annotation Symbol size

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ndsmaug
10545 Views, 6 Replies

Default Revit Spot Slope Annotation Symbol size

By default you have two options for the annotation symbol of a spot slope (Triangle or Arrow).  Is there any way to adjust the size it makes these symbols automatically?  What is happening in my drawings is each time I add one of these to a view it's much too large and I have to manually pull the grips of each one to resize.  Very time consuming on a complicated roof.  What is driving this?  Can it be changed?  There is a option to adjust the offset of the symbol from the element, but where is it sizing the symbol?

Please help!  

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
chrisplyler
in reply to: ndsmaug

Edit the spot slope family...

Spot_Slope_Family.jpg

See all the parameters you can control? Leader line length, line weight, arrow style, text size, text offset from leader, etc. Set them the way you want them and click OK. All your spot slope anotations will change.

xtn

Message 3 of 7
ndsmaug
in reply to: chrisplyler

Yes, I did see that I can modify some of the attributes of the Arrow, but the default lenght of it can't be change here.  And actually what's really the issue that bothers me the most is the size of the TRIANGLE.  (Sorry I wan't more clear.)  Each time I place a slope triange onto my view the size of the annotation is rediculously large.  They look as big as the roof of my building.  I then have to go in and manually adjust the size for each annotation.  I was wondering where/if you can change the default size of the Triangle.  What is driving the size of these annotations? 

Hopfully the images below will show what I mean.  Thanks for the help!

Triangles TOO large...

Triangle default.JPG

Triangles manually adjusted one by one...

Triangle adjusted.JPG

Message 4 of 7
chrisplyler

Yes, the parameter for leader line length controls the length of the arrow, or the horizontal size of the triangle. Select one of your triangle slope tags, edit family, and change the parameter for leader line length. The default is 1". Click okay and all your triangles will resize.

xtn

Message 5 of 7
ndsmaug
in reply to: chrisplyler

AH!  That worked perfectly!  Somehow I overIooked that parameter the whole time.  (Sometimes it's the simplest things...)

That's exactly what I needed.  Thank you for the help!

Message 6 of 7
chrisplyler

No problem. Glad to have helped. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I overlook on a daily basis. My car keys can be on an otherwise empty counter top right next to me and I won't be able to find them.

xtn

Message 7 of 7
Base12

Excellent -- the huge spot slopes have been bugging me for a long time!  Glad I'm no longer stuck with them!!

JP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report