Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEFAULT 3D IS HIDDEN

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wantono
1126 Views, 3 Replies

DEFAULT 3D IS HIDDEN

Revit 2011:

My 3D default view now shows nothing! I have a large project that has worked fine until recently. The camera shots still work and all my drawings are in tact, I just cannot look at my building in 3D orbit any more because the screen is blank. Tried ZA, Zoom to fit, nothing hidden. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
charlv
in reply to: wantono

HI,

Try deleting the 3D view and re-creating the 3D view by clicking the 'House' icon to create a new Default 3D view.

Regards,

Charl

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 4
wantono
in reply to: charlv

Fixed it! After I went to View Graphics and turned off the imported CAD links from a metal building supplier I could see my Revit model! I have had this problem once before when I was tracing a CAD file (DWG) with Revit and then could not see section cuts because apparently the CAD had some 3D to its own file that was blocking Revit. After I turned off the CAD file I could see the Revit. Did not try deleting the default 3D viewport, but it may have worked. Hope this helps others. Anyone ever had this happen to them?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
nbennett1
in reply to: wantono

Thanks for the info it helped me. did have to shut off all items in the Imported Categories under the VG setting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report