Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decal not showing image

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ljhudson
16795 Views, 10 Replies

decal not showing image

all I see is a box with the X but not the image. Does anyone know how to get the image to show up properly?

I am using revit architecture 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Being a maped texture the decal will be visible only in Rendered image and in Realistic Visual Style...in all other Visual Styles it will appear as you said

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 11

how do you get a image to show up then? I have a logo I would like to show on my drawings (on the side of the wall)

Message 4 of 11

You can use a .dwg logo.

In an elevation View in which you can see in real dimensions the wall ,import the .dwg file.

In a Floor Plane , select the imported dwg ( you can do it selecting all and then apply filter) and align it to the wall. Once aligned (and locked) you can scale it if you want.. This applied dwg will appear in all Visual Styles except Ray Trace...and the rendered image ( some poche can appear even in rendered image)Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 11

I Remember going through a long process to get a logo to convert to line work to use in autocad. would you happen to know a easier way to convert that then I could do what you are suggesting.

Message 6 of 11

what type of file is you logo? is it a vector or bitmap type? What extension has the file?

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 11

png. and .tif file

Message 8 of 11

So , you have a raster image ( a bitmap).

In this case ,you can:

1. apply it as a Decal , in which case it will be shown only as a  Rendered image and in Realistic VIsual Style
  2. or, you can first turn it in a vector format using a Raster to Vector software ( I use an online image vectorizer - www.autotracer.org , selecting dxf output) and then import it in the project from Insert >Import CAD. As I explained in my previous post , this can be seen in all Visual Styles..
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 9 of 11

Thanks, it was very usefull 🙏

Message 10 of 11
thomas.mackay
in reply to: ljhudson

useful maybe. Not easy, or straightforward however. I'm getting a bit fed up of having to go through 20 different steps and multiple different pieces of software in order to get a job done that should, frankly, be 20 times more simple. Better options are necessary. 

Message 11 of 11
jessicauM3Z9K
in reply to: ljhudson

When I changed the logo I was trying to place to "transparent" it showed up on the decal. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report