Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBLink issues

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
RevitGarage
1637 Views, 6 Replies

DBLink issues

I am experimenting with Revit DBLink using an MySQL database. I can export the database just fine using App Button --> Export --> ODBC Database, then selecting the data source but it doesn't work using the DBLink Add-in. Anyone else have this issue?  I am also able to connect to an Access and Excel database with no problems.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: RevitGarage

I’ve included a post below from our blog which covers a number of issues and has some great resource links.  Please let us know if the issue persists:
Thank you,

I’ve included a post below from our blog which covers a number of issues and has some great resource links.  Please let us know if the issue persists:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/revit-2011-and-db-link-for-64-bit.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7
RevitGarage

Thanks for the links.  It doesn't appear to be a 64-bit related issue.  I tried exporting to the same database on a 32-bit machine and got the same result.  Nothing happens.  The fact that I can export the database to MySQL using App Button --> Export --> ODBC Database leads me to believe it is an issue with the DBLink add-in itself.

Message 4 of 7
RevitGarage
in reply to: ryan.duell

I'm going to download and try out Microsoft SQL Express and see if that works.  I'll report my findings.

Message 5 of 7
ryan.duell

I would highly recommend SQL Express, which in my testing results in the most consistent import / export behavior.
Thanks again,

I would highly recommend SQL Express, which in my testing results in the most consistent import / export behavior.

Thanks again,

Ryan Duell
Message 6 of 7
RevitGarage

Ok, so it works fine with Microsoft SQL Express.

Message 7 of 7
seba.maltese

Dear all,

I'm new to these kinds of import/export... anyway I'm currently using a revit file connected to an Access .mdb file thanks to DBlink. Now my university gave me a mysql db. As many other users, I've been able to simply export the db through ODBC to mySQL. But I can not use the ODBC option of DB link... any news or workaround to solve this issue? I can not use Microsoft SQL express... Thanks in advance. Regards. S.

PS: I saw that the last post is dated 2010, but I stil hope that there is someone willing to help me. I did not find any help elsewhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report