Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
gustavomello
Message 1 of 1 (737 Views)

DB Link "leftovers"

737 Views, 0 Replies
01-23-2014 01:02 PM

Hi to all,

i´m using DB Link with Revit 2012 and Access, mainly to do quantity takeoffs and model checking by now. I´m having a problem when i change the revit model and export to access again: some elements are "duplicated" in the process. I managed to isolate the issue on a floor case. I made a floor with a material and exported to access; checked with a query and everything is ok. Then i went back to revit and applied a different material (duplicated from the original) to the floor. After updating the access file through DB Link i end seeing 2 floors, one with the new material and the other with the old material, wich is not supposed to exist at all. The problem is that DB Link doesn´t delete the original material reference from the "materials quantities" and "materials" tables, so access shows "two" floors with two different materials when i run the query again.

If i delete the tables every time i update the model i solve the problem, but it seems to me that DB Link should delete the old entries from the tables.

Am i doing something wrong here? Is this the right behavior of DB Link?

Thanks in advance,

Gustavo

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.