Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Link inconsistent values

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gustavomello
340 Views, 4 Replies

DB Link inconsistent values

Dear Ones, i´ve recently started to work with DBLink and access 2013 to make take offs mainly. Today i made a small project to test some ideas and found an inconsistency between the material areas and the area of the element, a wall in this case, to which the material is apllied. I think they should be the same, or at least very close, but that´s not the case when i export to access. I've attached a image with a material takeoff schedule from revit and the correspondent query from access (element type name, element area, material name, material area, material volume, material area/element area). The revit one seems correct, but in access the material area values are very different. Initially i thought it would be due to units difference, like the material area were in sq cm and the element area in sq m, but the relationship between them isn´t 10, as you can see in the calculated value. Then i added the material volume to the schedule and query and the results on access are even more strange, i can´t even imagine where this values came from.

Does anybody knows if there is a problem with db link regarding material area and volume or if i´m doing something wrong?

I´m using revit architecture 2012

area inconsistency.jpg 

Thanks in advance,

Gustavo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gustavomello
in reply to: gustavomello

I´ve just made a query on a real project and found the same inconsistency, but now with floors. Funny thing is the material area to floor area factor is the same i found with most of the walls (10.7639...). Does anyone had a clue on what's going on? Am i doing something very wrong?

Gustavo

Message 3 of 5
gustavomello

No one?

Message 4 of 5
gustavomello

Just tested on another project and got the same inconsistency. Does anyone here knows what is going wrong with the export or with the way i´m doing it?

Gustavo

Message 5 of 5
gustavomello

Nevermind, just figured it out. Just find out that 10.7639... is the reason between sq meter and sq feet. For some reason DbLink exports the material area in sq feet instead of sq meters (even the area units being set to sq meters in revit) so my first assumption was correct after all. Sometimes i wish know better other units systems...

Gustavo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report