Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Link exporting wrong values

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
autodesk
602 Views, 5 Replies

DB Link exporting wrong values

Hello,

am i missing something?

Im trying to export my data to an access database, but 'numbers' seems to get exported rounded.

So a parameter 'la_lta' which in revit values to '0,6' gets exported to a long integer (so far, so good) but reads '1' in the exported table in access.

Is there a configuration xml/ini that i missed?

This is really a problem, moreso since the 'Export'-'ODBC database' crashes revit 2015.

This is the data in revit:

revit.JPG

And here it is in Access 2013:

access_1.JPG

And the tablesettings in Access 2013:

access_2.JPG

Thanks in advance for thinking with me...

Grtz, RB.
Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gustavomello
in reply to: autodesk

Well, it seems to me that if the value is an integer in access it should round to the nearest integer, which is 1 in this case, so that's correct. Maybe the problem is on the configuration of your parameter in revit. What kind of parameter is this (length?). When i export to access the length parameters reads as "double" and not as "long integer".

Hope this helps,

Gustavo 

Message 3 of 6
autodesk
in reply to: gustavomello

Gustavo, you were halfway.

Parameter is number, revit has no way to further config that.

I have 'solved' it for now.

After letting Revit create the database (no way to influence the way it does) I change the properties of the columns form 'Long Integer' to 'Double Precision' (a bit overkill, but OK, Revit also created the other 'Number' parameters as 'Double Precision').

After that, when i re-export the revit-model to the same database it puts in the correct 'Numbers' and they stay that way.

Still strange as to why revit decides to create a table field as 'long integer' to house a 'number' parameter containing numbers like 0,77 ???

Thanks for thinking along.

Grtz, RB.
Message 4 of 6
gustavomello

Good to know. I had a problem with DB link exporting the material areas in sqfeet instead of sq meters even revit area units being set to sq meters. It took me a while to figure it out. (post here).

I would use dblink a lot if it weren't so slow to export. It takes about 20 minutes to export a file. In revit 2015 it takes so long too?

Gustavo

Message 5 of 6
autodesk
in reply to: gustavomello

Yes, i saw that behaviour also in agles being exported as radials/radians (what is it?) instead of degrees when exported with 'Export'-'ODBC database'.

Now with DBlink they come out as degrees (double precision, so when close enough they are whole numbers). However, when imported back via DBlink an angle exported as 20 looks like 20 in access but in the import table view dialog suddenly (probably because of multiple conversions) 19.99999999999something...

And about the exporting time, DBlink takes considerably longer than 'Export'-'ODBC database' but nowhere near to 20 minutes, maybe 30 seconds.

But then again, our projects aren't that big (my exported access databases are around 10-15MB).

Grtz, RB.
Message 6 of 6
gustavomello

I think they left out some parameters out of the conversion list, or something like that, and they export in revit's original units. Not a big problem after you find it out...

As for that angles you're talking about, set a dimension type with various decimal places and check your model. I found once some measurements that wasn't so precise like i was thinking they were. I gave up using that dimension after i realized i was becoming paranoid about precision on the 8th decimal place....

About the time for exporting, i think is a bug in 2012 version of DbLink.

Gustavo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report