Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Storage Element - relinquish in workshearing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
991 Views, 1 Reply

Data Storage Element - relinquish in workshearing

Hi Autodesk Community

I have project in revit 2014, and want to upgrade it to revit 2015. currently i have NTI Tool add-in for 2014 and 2015 installed. But when i have made the upgrade i can´t relinquish, it says that the model has to be saved first, i then i try to save, and relinquish again, and i get the same error

And when we are 2 work in workshareing, one of us owens the "Data Storage Element" and "Project Information" to get worksharing to work in rvit 2015 we have tryede to things.

1. uninstall the NTI tool from revit 2015, and then we can make a complet upgrade with out any errors, and then we kan work i worksharing.

2. Delte data storage element - but what does that specifik element do????

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SteveKStafford
in reply to: 1007919

To upgrade:

• Archive your 2014 project
  • Open the project in Revit 2015, checking the option for Detach from Central (also check Audit)
  • When the file is open use Save - Provide the desired file name and save it in the correct folder (you now have a new 2015 Central File)
  • Use Synchronize with Central > choose Synchronize and Modify Settings > relinquish all worksets
  • Close the project
  • Open your local file
  • Have the other people/person open their local file
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report