Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Loss with Revit 2013 Student Version and HP Elitebook 8570w

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
charleswwalker
413 Views, 3 Replies

Data Loss with Revit 2013 Student Version and HP Elitebook 8570w

Having extreme difficulty trying to get my laptop to save data for the last 4 weeks.  Lost 2 weeks of work. Then started over, and lost a day's work, then started over and lost a day's work, then started over and lost a day's work.  Called HP Warranty service and their only answer was to re-install Windows 7 Professioal.

Took the laptop to a Autodesk Certified Training School, and they could no find any reason that the data was disapearing.

After about the third or fourth call to the HP Warranty, someone determined the keyboard and touchpad were defective.

Re-istalled Revit 2014,all the drivers, etc.

The warranty guy arrived to day and replaced the keyboard and touchpad.

Everything was working o.k. or so I thought,  and now half of everything that was done yesterday is gone. All kinds of information is put into this model, and saved literally several dozen times, all under different names *_A, *_B, *_C. 

When you go to open it up again,  half of the most recent work is not there.  GONE.

It just never stops.

I though mabe a confict with Office or something else, so I quit using them.  Didn't make any difference. Still losing data.

And when I say losing data, I mean there are 8 hours of work put into a model, and it is saved dozens of times.  Everything shows o.k. on screen, i.e. when I place a door, it stays there.  But, come  back later, the next day. GONE.

Hardware:

6 month old Elitebook 8570w, Third Generation Quadcore i7, 16 GB RAM, 500GB Storage. Nvidia Quadro K1000M Graphics Card..

Windows 7 Professional.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
awes
in reply to: charleswwalker

Do you have difficulties saving other files?

What do you mean by saying that the content is gone the following day. Is it gone after one minute, hour? 

What is gone? Everything or just certain content?

Please save your Revit files on other media. USB stick?.

Just some thoughts ...

Message 3 of 4
charleswwalker
in reply to: awes

The laptop is saving other files.

Visually while working in Revit, every thing that is done appears on the screen.

Originally, we just let Revit do all the back ups and numbering of files, file.rvt, file.001.rvt, file.oo2.rvt, etc. etc. etc.

Everything was fine for 2 weeks. Then, and after saving all day, The computer is shut down. Then afte a couple fo hours re-started.

Parts of everything that was done that day was just not there.

Make a ceiling, ...the cieling looks fine during 5 or 6 saves.  Make a demo portion....everything looks fine.

Make a roof slab.   Demo a portion and save.  All saved 5 or 6 times.

Next day, open the file, and NO roof slab, No Ceiling, No Demo work.

Its all there when you have the file open, but shut down the computer and re-start teh next day, and half of your work is missing.

Go through the back up or save-as files, and progressivly missing.

I have been running this laptop up to 10-14 hours a day.  It has a excelent fan.  There is also a perforated platform it sits on, with two fans.

This thing never gets hot, even wtih just the laptop fan running.

Have been saving to Hard Disk and new external Western Digital drive.  Still missing, both places.

Message 4 of 4

When the files are opened later, and data is missing, I can tell that the work was done, because all the parameters that were set for the previous day in the properties pallet for the slab, walls, ceiling, new buildings, are still there.  But the actual model modifications are gone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report