Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting void beyond the hosting wall - Trouble Joining the walls

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
suenhm
642 Views, 4 Replies

Cutting void beyond the hosting wall - Trouble Joining the walls

Hi,

I have inserted a recess paper towel dispenser into an interior wall. Then a 1/8" tile wall was added in front of the hosting interior wall. The opening for the recess dispenser only cut into the interior hosting wall, not the tile wall. I tried joining the two walls, but it didn't seems to have any effect. Is there any reason why the walls won't join?

Please help, I have attached the file for your reference. Thank you

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: suenhm

I think you need to edit the profile of the finish wall, following the shape of the dispenser.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
suenhm
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for the reply. I could modify the profile or cut an opening into the tile wall; however, I want the opening to follow the recessed dispenser, espiecally since we will adjust the location of the dispenser later on in the project phase.

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: suenhm

Open the dispenser family, increase the depth of the void in the middle towards the exterior. If necessary, you could control that depth with a parameter. Load the family into project again. Now, use Join Geometry, to join the finish wall to the partition wall. Now the dispenser family would cut the fnish wall, too. Now you can move the dispenser freely, and the finish wall will be cut properly.

See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
suenhm
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks a bunch!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report