Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut with void and solid

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Redli1
2471 Views, 3 Replies

Cut with void and solid

I can cut a wall with a familiy void, but if the family consists of a solid and void it does not work. What would be the solution?

a1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

maybe I don't undrstand you well , but at me works...at least in R2014..

The steps made in order to achieve it:

1. in Family  object : Properties > Other > Cut with Voids When Loaded - check the option - Load the family into Project
  2. In  Project : select the Wall and from Ribbon > Geometry >Cut - select the Famly object and the Wall
  3. check also in Project > Properties > View Range > Cut Plane  - if the Void part of the inserted family is under or over the Cut Plane , the hole will be not seen in Floor Plan View, so be sure that the View Range's Cut Plane cuts the hole....
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

thanks for your feedback. Can you confirm that you can cut walls with the enclosed family?

Message 4 of 4

Because you already used Void in order to shape your volume, this can not be used anymore in perforating the wall and another Void would anihilate the shape.

I suggest to make a new family  Generic Model Face Based  (or wall based) in wich to include as nested family your family.

In this new family you can create a void that follows the shape of the nested family.

Once loaded in Project this will cut the wall....

I have attached the .rfa....

Image 385.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report