Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut planes issues in AutoCAD Arch/MEP from Revit export

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
chelleOnO
539 Views, 1 Reply

cut planes issues in AutoCAD Arch/MEP from Revit export

How can I control cut planes in AutoCAD Arch/MEP after exporting a model from Revit as a .dwg? I'm exporting 3D floor by floor but unable to control the cut plane visibility in AutoCAD. I don't want to see the soffits, ceilings, etc. above the cut plane when printing but need it for collision detection/coordination for my MEP guys. I've tried exporting both as ACIS and polymesh with no luck.

(Also posted in AutoCAD Architecture General forum - looking for advice from experts on either side).

Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: chelleOnO

As mentioned in the other forum post: "The cut plane in AutoCAD Architecture only affects the display of AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP objects. 3D Solids or polymeshes will not be affected, whether from a Revit export or created natively in AutoCAD. Items "above" that you do not want to see would have to be on one or more separate layers (not including things you do want to see) and then those layers would need to be frozen or off. The Revit functionality you describe is not present in AutoCAD Architecture (in the same way)." You can change the export layers of certain family categories, by going to Application Menu > Export > Options > Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report