Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut pattern of embedded structure transparent to wall cut pattern

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
matthewAW
1202 Views, 2 Replies

Cut pattern of embedded structure transparent to wall cut pattern

We have a structure model linked into our architectural model, where some structure will be located within the wall. The cut pattern of structure is not always showing on top of (opaque) the wall cut pattern. Sometimes the cut pattern appears transparent with the wall cut pattern running through the structural member.

I tried playing with this in a fresh project with just a C channel in a wall. Sometimes it shows opaque and sometimes transparent depending on the position of the channel in the wall. I would try making the member flat at different elevations and sloped at different elevations and they all had different graphic display behavior. Then I tried duplicating the wall and channel to have two sets to play with simultaneously. Modifying the elevation or slope in one would actually change the graphics of the other, when the other didn't move.

I've tried checking/unchecking the following parameters within the project and family without any effect: structural material, structural, show pre-cut in plan, and always vertical. Not only am I assuming that the structural cut pattern should be opaque over the wall's cut pattern, but I can't even identify what is causing it to change with different elevation/slope settings.

I will attach 2 screenshots. The one titled opaque is the desired effect.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: matthewAW

Did you try making a masking region in the channel family?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
matthewAW
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Something similar, I nested the equivalent detail component into the family and mapped it's parameters.  This is a work around for now.

However, this requires either replacing our consultants families every time we get a model from them, or asking them to do this for their structural families on their end.  Ideally neither of these would be required, and the structural cut patterns would override.

Since it appears to work some of the time, I was wondering if anyone has discovered what triggers it one way or the other, or if this is just an unpredictable glitch.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report