Valued Contributor
SLDBrown
Message 1 of 3 (148 Views)
Accepted Solution

Customizing Section and Detail Heads

148 Views, 2 Replies
12-10-2013 10:34 AM

Hello All,

Our company prefers to call out Sections and Elevations with a letter and Details as numbers. How can I make this happen in Revit? Can it happen in Revit. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Steve Brown

You can change a detail/section callout to whatever you want it to be.  However, when you drag a detail onto a sheet, it will automatically assign it the next number in the sequence.  I don't believe you can change this to be alphabetic automatically, but it's really simple to change it once it's on the sheet.

*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 2 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: Customizing Section and Detail Heads

12-10-2013 12:25 PM in reply to: SLDBrown

You can change a detail/section callout to whatever you want it to be.  However, when you drag a detail onto a sheet, it will automatically assign it the next number in the sequence.  I don't believe you can change this to be alphabetic automatically, but it's really simple to change it once it's on the sheet.

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
Valued Contributor
SLDBrown
Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: Customizing Section and Detail Heads

12-10-2013 01:31 PM in reply to: rosskirby
That is what I thought. THanks for the timely reply.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!