Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Tag

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Kraig.Cline
1506 Views, 7 Replies

Custom Tag

Is there any way to change the position in which the leader arrow attaches to the tag? I want the arrow to come from the top left and bottom right.. Is there away to set this up? As you can see, by default, it comes from the center. I was hoping there would be some adjustability on this. Thanks!TAG.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pointgreen
in reply to: Kraig.Cline

Yes, when you select the text callout the toolbars in the text panel should show different options of text leader positions.

Message 3 of 8
Kraig.Cline
in reply to: pointgreen

If this was an Annotation Text you would be correct. But because this is an actual tag, I'm not finding those options. As you can see here...

TAG.PNG

tag2.PNG

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Kraig.Cline

There is no direct way to control this. If your Tag has a consistent number of lines, you can offset a small invisible line in the Family to offset the center of the Family. Attached is an example Wall Tag Family (Revit 2014) that reports Description, Comments, and Mark with three Family Types. This will only work properly if all three of the Parameter appear in the Wall Tag (i.e., none of these values are blank in the tagged Wall.)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8

I need to create a second callout tag within the same project that has a unique line weight. Is it possible to have two different tags one with a bold line weight and one with a fine line weight? And if so how?
Message 6 of 8

I need to have two different line weights for my callout bubbles on a project...one with a bold line weight and one with a fine line weight...I am able to create multiple tags however it seems that the callout bubble changes universally and with only one option...is it possible to have multiple line weights associated with callout bubbles in a project? And if so how? And if not what are my options for creating a custom tag that maintains the same smart/parametric attributes as a standard callout?
Message 7 of 8

You can - it will be a separate Type. Open your Family for editing, then go to Manage tab » Object Styles and create an additional Subcategory for the Bold Lines. If you prefer, you can create two Subcategories; one for Bold and one for Thin if you wish. Set the desired Line Weight for the Subcategory, and then hit 'OK' to close Object Styles.

Next, go to Create tab » Family Types. Here, we will create two Yes/No Parameters that will control the visibility of the Lines in this Family. Click "Add..." under 'Parameters' on the right, enter a name such as "BoldLines", change the Type of Parameter to "Yes/No", then hit 'OK'. Repeat to create a "ThinLines" parameter. Click "New..." under Family Types to create a new Family - you will need a dedicated Family Type for Bold Lines and Thin Lines. For the "Bold" Type, check the appropriate Yes/No Parameter and clear the other. Do the same for the "Thin Type" and hit 'OK'.

Finally select the existing Lines in the Family and under Properties, set them to the appropriate Subcategory and link their visibility to the corresponding Yes/No Parameter by clicking on the gray button to the right of it. Now, Copy those Lines over themselves so that there are two sets of Lines overlapping. Select one set of those Lines and change their Subcategory to the opposite value and then link their visibility to the other Yes/No Parameter.

Load the Family back into the Project. You will have to select a Callout, go to Edit Type, and duplicate it to create a dedicated Type for the Bold Tag. The Tag that is used is controlled by the "Callout Tag" Parameter in Type Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 8

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report