Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom spot elevation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
macrevitswe
1094 Views, 2 Replies

Custom spot elevation

Hi!

I want to create a spot elevation that includes the actual elevation ("H = xx") with a suffix ("PLGJ") and the bottom elevation ("UK  +10.520") as the image shows. I tried creating a Family: Spot Elevation Symbol but as I load it into a project I can't get it right with the parameters plus the frame gets mirrored depending which direction I place the tag.

Does anyone have any idea of how to create the spot elevation correctly? I'm quite new to revit so any help is appreciated!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: macrevitswe

Spot Elevation Tags are Systems Families, and cannot be edited outside the Project Environment (though a different symbol can be created). Create a new Spot Elevation Type and you will see that you can assign prefixes/suffixes (both as instance and type), alternate units, and so on. Because your desired tag show both a Project Elevation and a Relative Elevation, I don't think that this is possible to create as a single Spot Elevation Tag; you may have to create and customize two separate Spot Elevation Types and place and align them as needed. But, I have only used them to a minor degree, so see what you can come up with fiddling with the options. Good luck!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
macrevitswe
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for your response! It seems like they can not be combined as you say, although I created two different spot elevations and can define units format, suffix and so on without them interferring with one another but the element types are not allowed for grouping. The conclusion is that you have to place two spot elevations. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report