Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Rafter Cuts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2070 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Rafter Cuts

I am trying to make a roof with a custom rafter tail. Something you might see in a Santa Barbara Style roof. It has no fascia, an ornamental cut on the exposed rafter tail and a half round gutter. Is there a way to edit the rafter cuts to create these custom ends or is there another way of accomplishing this? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

Make a family that is the rafter tail in the shape you want, then just place one and array / copy as needed. I usually use a structural family because I find them most flexible. You can create an angle parameter or just make an extrusion in the exact shape and size you need at the angle you need.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Will this override the rafter cut in section as well?
Message 4 of 4
sbrown

You would modify your roof to just include the sheathing and roofing from the ext. face of stud out to the edge of the over hang, then in section you will see exactly what you want. Basically you are looking at 2 roofs. 1 roof from ext f.o.s. inward, and 1 roof from ext f.o.s. outward. The inward one would have the structure, the outer wouldn't

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report