Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Project Templates

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
william.nitsche
725 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Project Templates

Does anyone know if it is possible to set up a custom project template that has a site plan, but also has mechanical, electrical and plumbing view templates available to assign?. My final goal is to be able to link in archectural, structural and mechanical models using the project origin and eventually taking the pipes that are in the mechanical file and putting in the actualmanufactured pipes, fittings and accessories to be prefabricated prior to installation. I need the site plan in order to link in the necessary models to the same project origin and keep everything aligned. I need the MEP view templates in order to distribute custom construction documents that are trade specific. I cannot find a project template that has both the site plan and MEP view templates. Is my only option to start from an architectural project template and create the MEP view templates from scratch? Or can I somehow make a Site plan by generating a project base point? Maybe there is something I have overlooked. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

- Bil

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

In Reality Site plan is the ground level where you just need to duplicate the view and rename it to site and then you setup the View Range to be able to see the whole site or you create a view template for View Range.

For templates, you need to go to View tab, in the graphics panel you will find View Template, Click on it and go to view Manage template. One the window is open you need to duplicate any view template and rename to the discipline you want and set up the right properties (Discipline, V/G, ...). For the site plan template, you may need to select  Coordination  as discipline to see all AEC and manufacture elements and enabling all model elements in V/G

I hope this help and please keep me posted if you need more information.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 3

You could always download the 30 day trail of the full Revit (STR, ARCH, MEP) and take the template and use Transfer Project Standards to copy them to your Template instead of doing it from scratch

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report