Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Model Pattern

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bward
809 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Model Pattern

I need to create (3) types of masonry patterns that are model patterns. See attached. 

250mm X 750mm

500mm X 750mm

500mm X 1000mm

I have created a PAT files (for the 250 X 750) that works in CAD but not in Revit. I can import it as a drafting pattern, but it does not show up.  Revit will not let me me inport it as a custom model pattern. Any ideas?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: bward

Have you looked in the help area for creating a custom pattern... there is certain information that needs to be put in for it to be recognized as a model pattern... here is a link.

http://docs.autodesk.com/subscription/REVIT/2011/ENU/filesUsersGuide/WS46b90c3cb2c58cad1cb25f1fc7fa4...

is this what you are looking for?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
bward
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi Lisa,

I have not used CAD in many years, but one of the guys in my office who is good with AutoCad was able to figure it out and wrote the custom PAT file for me. Attached are the 2 versions. I highlighted the part that allows it to be recognized by Revit as a model pattern. Thanks for you input.

Message 4 of 5
OZRevit

Hi,

There is a free add on to do that called 'hatch22'

http://mertens3d.com/revit-2011-addin-portal/hatch22/

Follow instructions which come with it.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5
bward

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report