Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Exterior Light Fixtures

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mmiles
326 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Exterior Light Fixtures

I am trying to create custom exterior light posts but do not know how to specify light height, or type, or most importantly the location of the light source within the modeled assembly.

Does any know how this can be done?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mmiles

I believe that the light source (point or spot light template) is located at the intersection of the reference planes in the template file. In a line source (fluorescent or similar), the light source is actually a model line in the file. If you let your fixture geometry work from the "source" point (intersection of reference planes) then that should do the trick. I suggest you reverse engineer some of the fixtures that are in the "out of the box" folder to get some specifics. Also check www.rugi.org in the download section. Someone may have already created what you are looking for. Cheers! Christopher "mmiles" wrote in message news:4869712.1078854839247.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to create custom exterior light posts but do not know how to specify light height, or type, or most importantly the location of the light source within the modeled assembly. > > Does any know how this can be done?
Message 3 of 5
mmiles

thanks, I was having trouble with a "solid" that was opaque- thus preventing the light from appearing in a rendering. So, I have that part figured out now.

But, I am trying to add a second light to the family. My thoughts so far are to nest the family inside another light family.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

don't bother, it can't be done right now. I use a second, light source only family and goup it with the other light fixture in the project. Z. "mmiles" wrote in message news:25086540.1079111968253.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > thanks, I was having trouble with a "solid" that was opaque- thus preventing the light from appearing in a rendering. So, I have that part figured out now. > > But, I am trying to add a second light to the family. My thoughts so far are to nest the family inside another light family.
Message 5 of 5
Steve_Stafford

You da man Z...sometimes the old tricks are the "best"...I was working on a chandelier the other day and was getting annoyed with the same issue, then I was saved by the client deciding on "no rendering"...haha!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report