Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved Ramps

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
hbjarch
34407 Views, 15 Replies

Curved Ramps

Revit seems to have trouble with doing curved ramps. Is doing a floor slab and modifying sub elements my only option?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: hbjarch

Please be more specific. What curved ramp, exactly? Any samples, sketches?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 16
hbjarch
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks,

See the sketch attached. It' a vehicle ramp in a carpark. I presume the inside edge of the 1:6 portion will set the slope (ie when a cross section is taken through the ramp the ramp surface is level).

Message 4 of 16
Alfredo_Medina

Create 2 types of ramp, one for each slope. Use some reference planes in plans and elevation to determine elevations and distances. Use the level contraints and base offset values to locate the start and end points in the correct places. It is not difficult.

ramp_w_slopes.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 16
hbjarch

Thank you, much appreciated.

Message 6 of 16
architangent

Hi 

Message 7 of 16

Well, the ramp tools has a Run option, which includes an Arc option. Other than that, it's a matter of entering the settings for elevations and slope, etc, and creating the sketch.

Can that be a parametric family? Yes. But such family could not serve as host for railings. Only floors, ramps, and stairs can host railings, but we can't make families in those categories.

Message 8 of 16

So, assuming that I am done with the sketch, what do I do to save it as a parametric family? Do I save the whole ramp as a group or do I deal with them separately? Thanks alot for your reply!
Message 9 of 16

No, making a ramp and making a family are two different things that cannot be combined. Ramps are system families, and for those, we don't have templates.

Message 10 of 16

Hi Alfredo Medina, 

Thanks for your reply, I guess I have found the solution to my problem. I wanted to create a custom ramp family so that it can be loaded into other projects. So what I did was I duplicated the system family and sketched the ramp out with the appropriate dimensions and gradient, I selected them and saved them as a group. When I open other project files, I was then able to load them as groups and then when I sketch the ramps, the "custom ramp families" was loaded with the system families. 

Thanks again 🙂

Message 11 of 16
Slkr16

Try this link out, very, very helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GaIarzxYPQ&feature=youtu.be

Message 12 of 16
atelierpv
in reply to: Slkr16

Can you give me another link for the video because this one do not exist?

Thank you.

Message 13 of 16
m_jawad94

can anyone tell me plz that what is the minimum inner and outer radius on that ramp? 

Message 14 of 16
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: m_jawad94

Please consult a book such as Architectural Graphic Standards.

Message 15 of 16

If you have the Tenth Edition like me, you can start on page 105. It occurs to me that I may want to update.

Message 16 of 16

Is there any posibility to give a cross slope to those ramps too?
especially to the curved one? or should drw as a floor then?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report