Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Walls

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rpaarch
688 Views, 4 Replies

Curtain Walls

I have a vertical slat screen and was hoping to use "curtain wall" to produce which gave me the ability to edit the location and corner details by adding and/or subtracting verticals(mullions) but,,,,,,,,,the system curtain wall seems to have a maximum of 200 divisions - this seems a bit restrictive to say the least.

I had to resort to the railing tool to produce the effect but I have little or no control over the layout at the corners.

If I can model thousands of balusters - why not curtain wall mullionsSmiley Frustrated

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: rpaarch

What is exactly what you want to do? Can you post a sketch, photo, anything? If surfaces have a limit, I don't see why you could not use two or more surfaces instead of one. But it would be good to know exactly what this is about.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
rpaarch

A little extreme modelling - the "Railing Capture" image was created as a railing family continuous along all 3 edges of the balcony - the "error capture" is the message when I try to create the same vertical screen as a curtain wall.

My question is - why restrict the curtain wall family with limits?

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

If you read the error message, it is suggesting to split the surface so that the number of items is not larger than 200 items in one direction and 200 in the other direction.Have you tried that? Doing this in segments?

It could also be created with a divided surface and a pattern panel. Or, in 2013, with an adaptive railing with Divide & Repeat.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
rpaarch

I am merely questioning why the limits are applied to the curtain wall family.

And yes - I did read the message which states that the cutrain wall has a max of 200 divisions both horizonatally and vertically and ask the same question - Why the Limitation ?

I thought the parametric curtain wall system was one of Revit's crowning glories

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report