Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Walls

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bradscott
627 Views, 6 Replies

Curtain Walls

Hello. I'd like to add my insert my curtain walls as a legend component. can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: bradscott

Curtain walls can't be used as legend components.  They are listed in the componet dropdown as somthing that can be placed as a component and if seleted a curtain wall is actually placed.  The problem is the fact mullions are not visible in a legend view.  The "curtain wall" is actually placed but since it is just a definition of the layout pattern and basically invisible without mullions or panels then it looks like nothing is there.

This is something that has been logged with the Revit team for investigation.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 7
bradscott

thanks Jeff

I have modelled my entire house using curtain walls as my doors/windows as it saves alot of time and its easier to manipulate throught the concept and development stages, and have now reached the point where i need to put them on a legend to go out to tender...

what would be the next best alternative to getting my curtain walls to appear on a legend?

• can they be exported and changed into families?
  • would it be to 'model in place' a family door/window and trace the curtain wall?

Your assistance would be appreciated...

regards

Message 4 of 7
loboarch

I think probably the best solution at this point would be to use the drafting tools in Revit to "draft" the elements directly in the legend view.

One other option is to place additional curtain walls as you need them somewhere away from you model and place them into a different phase.  Then use the phasing tools in Revit to manage how things show up in views.  You could make a "legend" in this way.  This method taqkes a pretty good understanding of phasing in Revit and how visibility is controled in phasing.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 7
bradscott
in reply to: loboarch

thanks...will work through it..

Message 6 of 7
ccollins

You can also just create Elevation views/callouts for all your doors/frames and glazing elevations and place them on sheets

and annotate. There is no strong need for Legend Views--they are a bit difficult to annaotate anyway.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 7 of 7

It's Revit 2013 already and still nothing on this issue... Pretty annoying and disappointing...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report