Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain walls in door/window schedules

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
caddept
18347 Views, 11 Replies

Curtain walls in door/window schedules

I had to create doors and windows as curtain walls for some reason. Now I want these doors/windows (created as curtain walls) in door/window schedule. Could anyone please tell me the solution?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Firmanf
in reply to: caddept

Thank you for posting.

To have the doors and windows showing up in the schedule you need to use the Window- Curtain Wall or Door- Curtain Wall template to create the doors and windows.

Fernanda Firman
Message 3 of 12
flow_pnb
in reply to: Firmanf

Hi,

I am not sure I have understood what was your answer Fernanda. I am having the same issue. I have curtain walls some with door panels and other just as a window. but I can't "read" the window ones on the schedule because there is no window panel on them.
Could you explain this better?

Best
Helder
Message 4 of 12
cbcarch
in reply to: flow_pnb

One trick is to use Tab key, highlight a curtain panel, then in Properties, select a Wall instead of a Glazed Panel. ( You will need to make a thin wall type at correct depth for curtainwall profile, and use your choice of materials). Then insert a "normal" door or window into the "wall" in the curtain wall.

Now, see if the doors and windows schedule properly.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 12
ToanDN

Why don't you use actual curtain wall windows for those "window" panels?
Message 6 of 12
flow_pnb
in reply to: cbcarch

Thanks for your answers. I am still trying to understand it better.

But I am not sure I understood perfectly, changing the panel in the curtain wall will help me with the Tag on the floor plan. But in the schedule the data will be acurate?

My question is what should I do when I am on this point. I am on a tender stage.  And I am working on a Revit file where the windows are placed as CW. So what sould I do? Change all CW for windows, and I will have all the data needed?
Or I can work with the CW, add data and apply a filter on a schedule for "mask" the CW as windows?

Best
H

Message 7 of 12
ToanDN

Is your CW a single or multi-cell?  If single cell then it is very simple as my previous reply stated.  Can you post a screenshot of an elevation?

Message 8 of 12
flow_pnb
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for your answer.
I have uplaoaded a couple of screenshots. For example on the CW1 image, What should I do? Had CW panels to each panel? Or should I replace this CW by a Window? There are a couple of the same type on the project.

In the image CW 2(the vertical and central CW) I will have a window. So for me to have all the details on the Window schedule, I should have replace a CW panel by CW panel Window? Right? This way the Tag and when I will need to do the Elevation I will be able to do it in the legend by component? (Like a door or Window?)

Still on the image CW2, you can see several windows. They are all as CW. I should change all to windows, except the ones that are really CW. Right?

I hope I was not too confuse. But picking up projects started by others can be really complex.
Thanks in advance

Helder

Message 9 of 12
flow_pnb
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for your answer.
I have uploaded a couple of screenshots. For example on the CW1 image, What should I do? should I add a CW panels with window proprerties to each panel? Or should I replace this CW by a Window? There are a couple of the same type on the project.

In the image CW 2(the vertical and central CW) I will have a opening. What should I do to have all the details on the Window schedule? Should I replace a CW panel by CW panel Window? Right? This way the Tag and when I will need to do the Elevation I will be able to do it in the legend by component? (Like a door or Window?)

Still on the image CW2, you can see several windows. They are all as CW. I should change all to windows, except the ones that are really CW. Right?

I hope I was not too confuse. But picking up projects started by others can be really complex.
Thanks in advance

Helder

Message 10 of 12
ToanDN

I see you wanted to schedule an entire curtain wall as a window, so my earlier suggestion will not work.

If you do not want to replace the curtain walls with windows, you may need to have two separate schedules: one is the true window schedule, another is the wall schedule (for the curtain walls).  You may be able to make them appear to be similar and stack them together.  It is simple said than done, though.  I have never tried it myself, just so you know.

Message 11 of 12

why not using Panel Schedule or  Curtain Panel Material Takeoff combined with Door Schedule ( or Door Material Takeoff)?

All the Panels except those that contain Doors will appear in the first two schedules and the doors in the Door Schedule....as can be shown in my very rough exercise..

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 12 of 12

How would you report the curtain wall overall dimensions without manually typing in?  And if you mix that with true windows, you would have to retype the window dimensions as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report